Partner/Family Visa

Partner / Family Visa

The Australian residents and permanent residents can sponsor partners for migration to Australia. To sponsor your life partner, you are required to be married, in a relationship, have a registered relationship or be engaged by nature. If you are married to or living in a de facto relationship with a citizen of Australia, the permanently settled or eligible New Zealand citizen, your partner may sponsor you for migration to Australia. If you want full awareness about this visa then you can consult the best immigration consultant in Melbourne.

There are two main partner visa options available:

Partner Visa

This type of visa is for those who are married or in a relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible NZ citizen. This leads to permanent residence, usually over a duration of 2 years.

Fiance visa

The fiance visa is a 9-month temporary type of visa which allows applicants to travel to a country like Australia to marry their Australian partner. Once married in this country, you would look at applying for a partner visa to obtain your permanent residence in Australia.

Parent Visas

Parents with at least half of their children staying permanently in Australia may be legal for a parent visa which provides them permanent residency in a country like Australia. The near and dear ones over a certain age may be eligible to apply for an onshore ‘aged parents’ visa which permits them to remain in a country like Australia on a bridging visa during processing. This category of visa enables parents of children who are Australian citizens or permanent residents to be sponsored for temporary or permanent residence in a country like Australia. Currently, there are two different types of visas; the faster, more expensive type of Parent visa, and the slower, inexpensive standard Parent visa.

Duration and Conditions

The Contributory Parent visas are valid for 2 years, during which time the applicant must file an application to a permanent Contributory Parent visa application. All the permanent parent visas have the right to remain in the country like Australia indefinitely, but a travel validity of 5 years from permission.

Criteria for the getting Australian Visa

  1. The family members must be sponsored by a child who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia. The sponsor must be “settled” – generally, this means lawfully resident in this country for at least 2 years, though a shorter time may be acceptable for Australian Citizens. If your near and dear ones are confused about this visa then you can take help from Education visa consultant Melbourne
  2. The visa aiming applicant must pass out the “balance of family test”. That is, the number of children who are legally and permanently resident in a country like Australia must be:
    • Greater than, or equal to, the total number of children who are resident overseas
    • Greater than the greatest number of children who are a permanent resident in any single overseas country.

Contact Us

    WhatsApp chat